Ripon House is owned by Progress to Change and works in close partnership with the Ministry of Justice, the National Probation Service and Community Rehabilitation Companies. It is contracturally funded by the Ministry of Justice.
Ripon House is not a permanent home for offenders. It is used for the rehabilitation of offenders, using nationally recognized methods of assessment plus group and individual work to reduce the risk of serious harm to members of the public enabling residents to play a positive role in society when they are ready to move on.
Ripon House opened as a girls’ home in 1946. In 1970 it became an Approved Bail and Probation Hostel, and has been in operation as such since that time. For a number of years it operated as a mixed hostel, before reverting to women only in 2006.
More information can be found on our history page.